[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 31 13:29:49 UTC 2018

My tower PC runs Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

On my hard disk drive, I have a backup folder containing 586 MB data. In
the optical drive, I have a blank CD-R Disc rated 700 MB. I have dragged
the folder image into the CD-R window.

But I am unable to burn the CD-R! Right-clicking "Blank CD-R Disc",
shows option "Format...". Which yields "Format Volume" window. I choose
type "Internal disk for use with Linux systems only (Ext4)", and type a
volume name. Leaving Erase "OFF". Then I click the "Next" tab. The
warning lists Device "CD/DVD Drive--Atapi DVD A DH16A3L", Volume
(blank), Location "/dev/sr0". Then I click the Format tab.

Resulting in "Error formatting volume"; "Error wiping device: Failed to
open the device 'dev/sr0' (udisks-error-quark,0)".
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/