[clug] Non-BoM automatic weather stations on-line

Peter Lavender plaven at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 18 22:39:13 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 18:09 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:
> Thanks, Steve:
>
> > A radio interview with the BoM made me look at this.
> > There are a number of local automatic weather stations around the
> > Canberra region.
>
> I refer daily to the Gungahlin Weather Centre.
> http://www.gungahlinweather.com/

I've got a cheapo one, that needs replacing at the wind direction and
anemometer have stopped working, that uploads data to Weather
Underground:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IAUSTRAL9

This is done using wview on my linux server connected to the weather
station's reciever.

If you look at the map that shows up on the page, there are quite a few
weather stations set up around my area.

Peter.