[clug] Linux compatible backup drives

jhock at iinet.net.au jhock at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 4 04:11:31 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I once bought a Western Distributor cloud hard drive but it was terrible. It couldn't be encrypted so I took it back.

I've seen Seagate 2 terabyte expansion or backup hard drives but they only mention compatibility with Micro$oft or Mac. Has anyone successfully used either of these to make incremental backups of their Ubuntu computer? Is one better than the other or does Linux just treat the disk as a /media/ and one can backup to that?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide.

John.