[clug] Latest version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Mon Apr 30 08:01:45 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-04-30 at 17:15 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Thanks, Brenton:
>
> > I have uploaded a fixed version vici-0.10.682
>
> Neither Ubuntu Software nor Synaptic Package Manager know of VICI!
> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

Bryan,

That is hardly surprising.
Firstly the program is still in development. I am still a few iterations
away from the final version.
I am making it (the source code) available now so that it can be tried
out on other distributions by nice people like Owen. There are many
subtle differences between all the distributions and I don't have the
resources at the moment to do that testing myself.

Once it gets to a point where it can be easily used I might experiment
with creating .deb and .rpm versions. However that task is probably best
done by the various package maintainers for the distributions. At this
point in time I am not really sure what the process is for getting a
package adopted by the various distributions - that is something I can
investigate once VICI is "finished".

Brenton