[clug] April 2018 CLUG Meeting

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Fri Apr 27 12:33:51 UTC 2018

+1, agreed.

Are the slides available somewhere?  Does not matter if not, I took
notes.

George.

On Friday, 27-04-2018 at 16:07 Bob Edwards via linux wrote:

On 27/04/18 15:45, Keith Goggin via linux wrote:
> Thanks to Geoff Huson for his excellent 'Web Security Primer' last
night.

> I know 'an' IP address of my bank and if every thing I needed was at

> that address I'm guessing I'd be safe.
>
> But I know that the bank itself redirects me to a separate login
page
> and if that and all subsequent redirections were by IP address would
> not be safe?

Hi Keith,

+1 for Geoff's talk - excellent work!

As for IPs - you would only be "safe" against DNS attacks, but not
against router attacks (such as the Amazon one referred to at the
begninning of his talk), where a fake BGP rule, or otherwise, ends
up redirecting your traffic to a different instance of the same IP
address... Especially prevalent on WiFi networks etc. with rogue
DHCP servers etc.

cheers,

Bob Edwards.