[clug] alternative desktop for ubuntu

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:28:08 UTC 2018

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 at 11:17, jhock--- via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> After Pete reminding me about Mate I've loaded it this morning and it's
configured just as I like it straight from the box. Maybe it picked up a
previous configuration file that I had ported over from my old computer
although I did have to change the font size, for my poor old eyes, and the
background image to my favourite Pink Floyd stain glass window.

Now if only someone could tell me how to make large thumbnails in caja
(Mate file browser) as I can in Nautilus...   yes I know I can zoom in but
then I great big honking folders which isn't what I want!  Special
snowflake? me?