[clug] Latest version of VICI

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Thu Apr 26 13:30:23 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-04-26 at 23:04 +1000, Bryan Kilgallin via linux wrote:

> Hey Brenton:
>
> > For those that are interested, today I have placed the latest version of
> > VICI onto SourceForge:
>
> This doesn't look like Ubuntu friendly .deb!
> --
> members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

You would be correct.
Normally it is up to the various distributions to create those packages.
Until that happens you will have to install the things mentioned in the
README and then use configure and make.

I have built it on my Scientific Linux system, so it should also work on
Centos and RHEL, and probably Fedora and other Red Hat derivatives.
One day I might buy a more powerful computer, and get a better internet
connection so I can test it on a variety of distributions. In the mean
time I would appreciate hearing about any attempts to build it.

Brenton