[clug] alternative desktop for ubuntu

jhock at iinet.net.au jhock at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 26 10:20:59 UTC 2018

Hi Pete,

When I switched from Ubuntu to Mate some of the applications didn’t work properly. For example, I wasn't able to write a bootable USB drive. It failed every time. Maybe it was something else but I noticed the problem as soon as I switched.

I really liked the look of Mate. It was exactly what I wanted but for some reason some of the applications didn’t work.

John.