[clug] Linux Mint 18.3 and DELL Precision 5510 Laptop

Anestis Kozakis kenosti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:57:02 UTC 2018

Hi Duncan,

On 24 April 2018 at 13:24, Duncan Roe via linux <linux at lists.samba.org>
wrote:

> Hi Anestis,
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:42:49PM +1000, linux wrote:
> > HI all,
> >
> > Have a bit of an issue I haven't been able to find an answer to.
> >
> > I've installed Linux Mint 18.3 on a DELL Precision 5510.
> >
> > Whilst I can connect it to the internet with an ethernet cable, there's
> no
> > wireless connection available.
> >
> > Running the Drivers app doesn't bring up any Wifi Drivers to install.
> >
> > Help?
> >
> > Anestis.
> >
> I had the same trouble with a laptop I bought for LCA2018. A microcode
> upgrade
> fixed it.
>
> Cheers ... Duncan.

Can you elaborate please?  Steps, etc?

Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com
- "In Numenera, players are not rewarded for slaying foes in combat, so
using a smart idea to avoid combat and still succeed is just good play.
Likewise, coming up with an idea to defeat a foe without hammering on it
with weapons is encouraged - creativity is not cheating!"
- Numenera Core RuleBook - Page 102