[clug] Alternative desktop view for Ubuntu 16

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Tue Apr 24 02:07:01 UTC 2018

Consider XFCE.  I have a similar enough setup to yours and am very
confident you could configure XFCE easily to your needs.  The panel
position and contents are very configurable.

I've been using Xubuntu for the last few years now because I was a
refugee from GNOME to KDE many years ago, and from there to XFCE.

Your easiest way to test run might be a Xubuntu LiveCD, or to spin up an
install in a VM.