[clug] April 2018 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sat Apr 21 04:00:01 UTC 2018

Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - April 2018

 Date:          26th April 2018 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 Time:         18:00 - 18:55

 Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
               'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
               gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
               like minded people and share a social pint.

 Location:     Wig and Pen, Llewellyn Hall, Canberra School of Music
               Look for the table with a stuffed toy penguin

Time:          19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Title:         Web Security primer - Geoff Huson

               When you enter a URL in your browser, how does your browser
               figure out that the destination it contacts is the genuine
               web site? What is the role of Certification Authorities and
               Transport Layer Security? What are the failure modes?

               This presentation will explore the way in which the Internet
               provides security to users and how we could improve it.

 Venue:        Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North Road
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

 Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some.

May Meeting - 24th May 2018 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Talk topic to be announced.