[clug] Wacom Intuos Medium

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 11 05:40:21 UTC 2018

Thanks, George:

{I expect Linux will have installed the correct drivers already ?.}

Ubuntu's System Settings window has an icon "Wacom Tablet". That
provides basic set-up. Though I couldn't get "Map to Monitor" to work.
So I plugged the cable from the right hand monitor, into the PC graphics
card's first-monitor port. As MyPaint displays its cursor on that first
monitor. But this set-up window, doesn't include the tablet's four
buttons. Though I'm unconcerned, as my main learning task is of that
painting software!

{https://github.com/linuxwacom}

I've only used Ubuntu Software and Synaptic Package Manager, to install
software. And I don't feel confident about installing from Github!

{http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page}

Again, I think "Oh dear!", upon seeing Sourceforge's Input-wacom
driver-installation procedure!

{https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkg-De1uc9w}

This was interesting, thanks.
--