[clug] Upcoming talk?

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Thu Sep 21 10:51:44 UTC 2017

Bryan,

You and I may need to do some homework before Paul gives his talk.

That is before Paul gives his talk, I recommend we both read through
the links in my previous email (I have also included the links below
in this email too).  Please email me (us all) any other useful links
you might find too.

George.

decorators,
https://www.thecodeship.com/patterns/guide-to-python-function-decorators/
https://www.learnpython.org/en/Decorators
https://www.python-course.eu/python3_decorators.php
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonDecorators

list comprehensions,
http://www.secnetix.de/olli/Python/list_comprehensions.hawk
http://treyhunner.com/2015/12/python-list-comprehensions-now-in-color/
http://www.pythonforbeginners.com/basics/list-comprehensions-in-python
https://www.python-course.eu/list_comprehension.php

yielding and generators,
https://jeffknupp.com/blog/2013/04/07/improve-your-python-yield-and-generators-explained/
https://wiki.python.org/moin/Generators

and
Python test frameworks
https://www.slideshare.net/velociraptors/automated-python-test-frameworks-for-hardware-verification-and-validation
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25427394/examples-of-test-frameworks-on-python
http://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2013_python_unittest.html

On Thursday, 21-09-2017 at 19:59 Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux
wrote:

Thanks, George:

> You commented "It will help if you're familiar with things like
> decorators, list comprehensions, yielding and generators, and Python
> test frameworks"
>
> I have not as yet worked with these. I wonder how many people who
> will/would turn up to the Clug Meeting, have ?
>
> I am wondering if there is an audience worthy of your talk?

I suggest talking now on the requirements. Then give the main address
in
November.
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/