[clug] Upcoming talk?

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Thu Sep 21 08:44:16 UTC 2017

Paul,

You commented "It will help if you're familiar with things like
decorators, list comprehensions, yielding and generators, and Python
test frameworks"

I have not as yet worked with these. I wonder how many people who
will/would turn up to the Clug Meeting, have ?

I am wondering if there is an audience worthy of your talk?

To people out there who reading this email, if you know Python at this
level and are keen to hear Paul's talk, please respond so we know if
there will actually be a target audience, or will it just be me
nodding my head, pretending that in someway I understand what Paul is
talking about.

decorators,
https://www.thecodeship.com/patterns/guide-to-python-function-decorators/
https://www.learnpython.org/en/Decorators
https://www.python-course.eu/python3_decorators.php
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonDecorators

list comprehensions,
http://www.secnetix.de/olli/Python/list_comprehensions.hawk
http://treyhunner.com/2015/12/python-list-comprehensions-now-in-color/
http://www.pythonforbeginners.com/basics/list-comprehensions-in-python
https://www.python-course.eu/list_comprehension.php

yielding and generators,
https://jeffknupp.com/blog/2013/04/07/improve-your-python-yield-and-generators-explained/
https://wiki.python.org/moin/Generators

and
Python test frameworks
https://www.slideshare.net/velociraptors/automated-python-test-frameworks-for-hardware-verification-and-validation
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25427394/examples-of-test-frameworks-on-python
http://sebastianraschka.com/Articles/2013_python_unittest.html

On Thursday, 21-09-2017 at 17:34 Paul Wayper via linux wrote:

On 20/09/17 20:39, CLUG via linux wrote:
> 1) A warning for others, I am expecting this session to get very
technical,
> would this be true Paul? (otherwise I will be a bit disappointed).

That's certainly my aim.  This is mainly going to be looking at, and
encouraging people to write, Python code.  It will help if you're
familiar
with things like decorators, list comprehensions, yielding and
generators, and
Python test frameworks, as I don't intend to explain how those work to
any
great degree.

> 2)  I don't mind waiting until later, but will later be November?

Whenever suits Bob and the Steves.

Hope this helps,

Paul