[clug] Upcoming talk?

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Sep 18 12:59:20 UTC 2017

On 18/09/17 17:03, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> Anything planned for this month?

I'm happy to give a talk about an Open Source project I'm working on at Red
Hat called Insights.

Insights is basically a way of automating 'situation' detection on Linux
computers.  'Situation' here is fairly broad - it can be anything from 'you
have a package with a known vulnerability listening on an open port' to 'you
have this hardware, which is incompatible with this setting in the software
you're running' to 'it looks like you can get more performance out of your
database if you set this setting here'.  The main repository:

https://github.com/RedHatInsights/insights-core

is open source and my current work is on getting a 'demo' set of rules open
sourced (mainly for lack of ideas rather than will).

This would be a more technical talk, looking at how you write rules in Python
for Insights, but I'm happy to spend a lot of time in Q&A covering what
Insights is, what it isn't, how it can help and how it isn't going to put
technical support people out of a job :-)

Is that interesting to anyone?

Hope this helps,

Paul