[clug] IO redirection

Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Sat Sep 16 13:15:28 UTC 2017

Perhaps it's the fish syntax. But all I could do was send output to a
file. I tried to execute input from a file--to no avail.

{

     To read standard input from a file, write <SOURCE_FILE
     To write standard output to a file, write >DESTINATION
     To write standard error to a file, write ^DESTINATION
     To append standard output to a file, write >>DESTINATION_FILE
     To append standard error to a file, write ^^DESTINATION_FILE
     To not overwrite ("clobber") an existing file, write
'>?DESTINATION' or '^?DESTINATION'

}

http://fishshell.com/docs/current/index.html
--