[clug] Ryzen processors and CentOS - and a for sale kernel

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Oct 24 10:26:35 UTC 2017

On 22/10/17 15:50, George at Clug via linux wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Sounds very nice.
>
> Is that a Ryzen 5, 7, or Threadripper ?
>
> How may cores/threads ?

A Ryzen 1500, 4 cores, 8 threads.  I wanted something in the 65W range.

> Please let us know what you are using it for, and how it performs for
> you.

Mainly my home server, for which it's a bit overpowered.  This does mean
building mixes and reprocessing some videos will be a lot faster now, but
since my laptop is about the same power, I'm fine for processing power.

Seems to be going just fine.

Have fun,

Paul