[clug] October 2017 CLUG Meeting

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Oct 22 11:00:01 UTC 2017

Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - October 2017

 Date:          26th October 2017 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

 Time:         18:00 - 18:55

 Abstract:     It's BeerSIG time!
               'What's BeerSIG?' I hear you ask! BeerSIG is a social
               gathering, and an opportunity to get together with
               like minded people and share a social pint.

 Location:     Wig and Pen, Llewellyn Hall, Canberra School of Music
               Look for the table with a stuffed toy penguin

Time:          19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Title:	       Privacy talk fest
	       Bob Edwards, Tony Marzano

	       This month we're having a talk-fest on privacy-enhancing
               Linux distros.

	       Tony will be talking about using Tails and Porteous
               distros.

               Bob will discuss Whonix and also how and why to set up
               a VPN on a private (Linux/Debian) VPS in a cross-border
               location

	       If you'd like to talk about QubeOS, or other privacy-friendly
               tools drop Bob a line

 Venue:        Room N101
               Computer Science and Information Technology Building
               North drop
               The Australian National University

               See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

 Food/drink:   Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
               about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
               want some.

November Meeting - 23rd November 2017 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Introduction to BBR Congestion Control - Geoff Huston, APNIC.