[clug] most

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:56:40 UTC 2017

On 4 October 2017 at 22:12, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux
<linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> I came upon this pager here. So I have installed it.
> https://www.2daygeek.com/linux-color-man-pages-configuration-less-most-command/
>
> {
> Add below environment variable into .bashrc file.
>
> $ export PAGER="most"
> or
> $ export PAGER="/usr/bin/most -s"
>
> Run the following command to take this effect.
>
> # source ~/.bashrc
>
> Now, open any command man page which will show colored output.
> }
>
> As I use the fish shell, I suppose that I must instead adjust "config.fish".
> Please advise.

Try something like this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25632846/how-to-set-environment-variables-in-fish-shell

Just an FYI: I used most as my pager for a while; I don't remember the
exact problem, but there were some incompatibility issues with various
tools assuming a less-like pager (possibly my trying to set colouring
in man pages, etc.?).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com