[clug] most

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 21 08:58:38 UTC 2017

Thanks, Ivan:

I wrote as follows.

>> I came upon this pager here. So I have installed it.
>> https://www.2daygeek.com/linux-color-man-pages-configuration-less-most-command/
>>
>> {
>> Add below environment variable into .bashrc file.
>>
>> $ export PAGER="most"
>> or
>> $ export PAGER="/usr/bin/most -s"
>>
>> Run the following command to take this effect.
>>
>> # source ~/.bashrc
>>
>> Now, open any command man page which will show colored output.
>> }

So now I have Man page listings grotesquely coloured in Bash!

Then I wrote as follows.

>> As I use the fish shell, I suppose that I must instead adjust "config.fish".
>> Please advise.

To which you replied thus.

> Try something like this:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25632846/how-to-set-environment-variables-in-fish-shell

I put the following line in my config.fish file.
{
set PAGER most
}

But this has not coloured Man page listing.

Would a fish shell user explain how to make this effect in that shell?

--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/