[clug] Intel Active Management Technology

Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon May 15 13:18:52 UTC 2017

Thanks, Neill:

> Without knowing the exact model of your laptop it's a bit hard to say.

Labelling on the case says that it's a Lenovo T60 IBM ThinkPad.

> Have you explored all the options under Config?

Therein--I couldn't recognise anything relevant.

> Have you tried googling for an answer?

Bob's test has yielded no problem. And he assured me that therefore I'm
safe. Basically answering my initial problem.

Since then, I have exhausted myself, realising that I am an exception to
Mike's claim below! Rather, I have not found this tool to be simple, and
have been unable to use it.

"Matt Garrett has released a simple tool any Linux user can use to find
out whether the Intel AMT vulnerability will be an issue for them."
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/