[clug] Intel Active Management Technology

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon May 15 07:11:58 UTC 2017

On 15/05/17 16:56, Mike Carden via linux wrote:
> Matt Garrett has released a simple tool any Linux user can use to find out
> whether the Intel AMT vulnerability will be an issue for them.
>
> https://github.com/mjg59/mei-amt-check.git
>
> Here's what happened when I ran it on my laptop:
>
> Intel AMT is present
> AMT is unprovisioned
>
> So I'm good.

Woohoo! I managed to get a machine to be vulnerable!

Also, Brian, if you run lspci and grep for MEI:
$ lspci | grep -i MEI

if nothing comes up, you are safe. If it shows your Communications
Controller has the MEI flag, then you may have it present, but it
may not be provisioned (yet).

cheers,

Bob Edwards.