[clug] Next CLUG meeting - May 25th 2017 - Traceroute and false diagnoses on networks

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue May 9 21:07:05 UTC 2017

Bryan

Deal with it

If there is something you wish to know, do some research. Google, read
wikipedia, learn a bit so you csan better understand the talk.

Then come along to the talk and learn the insights.

Do not expect to be spoon fed.

Technical talks can be interesting and if you wish to get the best out of
them put the effor tin to learn and understand some details beforehand.

	See You
	    Steve

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 11:26:32PM +1000, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux wrote:
> Thanks, Steven:
>
> >* An animated explanation of how the packet loss and latency displayed
> >in the output of traceroute can cause you to make a false diagnosis.
>
> Seamus, I would like a reminder on the technical terms.
>
> >* Series of diagrams and animations that illustrate each of the topics
> >mentioned above.
>
> I'd like a link to these posted here.
> --
> www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/