[clug] CentOS 7 and Xfce

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Mon May 8 11:25:43 UTC 2017

    Hi,

If anyone has experience installing Xfce on CentOS 7, I have
experienced a few issues.

I have searched on the Internet, and I am currently doing further
tests, but if someone has already found a solution, please let me
know.

When installing XFCE in CentOS 7 the installation appears to be
missing a number of components of Xfce.

Missing are;

1) NetworkManager Applet

2) Date and Time Applet

3) Audio Mixer

4) Mousepad

5) Kiwi (and a number of other) themes

There is likely to be other items also missing, the above were just
the first that I found to be missing.

Sadly CentOS 7 appears to be very much built to support only Gnome or
KDE, neither of which I particularity like (and are a bit heavy on
resources for a VDI solution).

https://www.rootusers.com/how-to-install-xfce-gui-in-centos-7-linux/
yum install epel-release -y
yum groupinstall "Xfce" -y