[clug] Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) for Linux Desktops

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun May 7 10:49:45 UTC 2017

    If you missed something, then so did I.  Why is it that X-11 is
not used any more? (or at least I have not seen any one using it).

At Sunday, 07-05-2017 on 15:35 steve jenkin wrote:

Have I missed something?
Wasn’t X-11 invented to solve this precise problem?

[the ‘client’ and ‘server’ model, where the ‘X-11 server’
is the display device.]

	*  wrote:

>     Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is virtualization
technology
> that hosts a desktop operating system on a centralized server in a
> data center. VDI is a variation on the client-server computing
model,
> sometimes referred to as server-based computing.

searchvirtualdesktop.techtarget.com/definition/virtual-desktop-infrastructure-VDI

https://www.hiroom2.com/2016/05/24/debian-8-remote-connect-to-gnome3-desktop-with-vnc-xrdp/#sec-6

https://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-debian-squeeze-server

http://www.neblogas.lt/2016/07/29/install-ovirt-guest-agent-debian-os-enable-sso/