[clug] strange problem foxpro run exe on win 10

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Sun Mar 19 22:31:07 UTC 2017

Hi Michal,

This list is for the local Canberra Linux User group - it's hosted at
samba.org for historical reasons.

To get help with samba you probably want to be posting to the samba list at
samba at lists.samba.org.

Regards,
Neill

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Michal Kavan via linux <
linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> one of my customers still use old foxpro
> we migrate from samba 3.6.3 to samba 4.1.17
> and everything seems to be alright
>
> foxpro is using command "run" to starts external program and when I star
> for example Wordpad by "run wordpad" I get Access denied
> but when I directly run worpad, then everything runs ok
> And this behavior appears only on Win7 - Win10 and not on WinXp
> I set linux rights to 7777 to be sure, and i can write to folder.
>

> Where should i start looking for problem (logs ...)?
> thanks mk
>
> ---
> Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.
>

> --

Neill Cox
Software Developer
Rackspace Australia