[clug] Single Board Computer with two OTG USB interfaces. Suggestions?

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Fri Mar 10 00:20:02 UTC 2017

On 9/03/2017 20:33, steve jenkin wrote:
> The Raspberry Pi model A has one OTG port from my reading, not enough to simultaneously connect to two computers.
> I could buy two USB-Host to USB-OTG adaptors, but haven’t found any that are ~$5. [If you know of one, that’s a solution]
>
> The ~US$49 Beaglebone Black has ethernet, one OTG or USB Client and one USB 2.0 Host port.
>
> I’m not sure of the specs of BeagleBone boards.
> this page suggests a single OTG port. It also uses ‘USB 2.0 Client’ for some models, which may be the same, or not.
> <http://beagleboard.org/boards>

Two thought of dubious value:

 1. Have you looked a the SPI bus? That is fast enough to support
ethernet interfaces. This could be connected between two boards then the
onboard ethernet used to connect to the two networks.

2. The Beagle Bone Green comes with four USB ports and the Samsung
Arktik various numbers of USB ports depending on the model.

Jeff.