[clug] Future of CLUG main meetings

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Fri Jun 23 01:41:59 UTC 2017

Hiya,

I think the fact CLUG has remained monthly so long is a credit to the
tenacity of some of the long term proponents like Bob, Steve, Paul, Eyal
and the broader membership for showing up :)

I note that here in Melbourne with roughly x10 the population, LUV are
getting attendances in the 20-40 range, so the fact that a good turnout
has been maintained among the smaller population of Canberra is impressive.

My take would be, as suggested, move to more of an on demand model - if
there's a good talk to be had run with it, if not have the night off.

Cheers,
Hugh