[clug] init.d for chroot

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 14 05:44:56 UTC 2017

On 14/07/17 14:45, Mike Carden via linux wrote:
> While you're thinking about chroots and containers etc, I suggest having a
> quick read of Jessie Frazelle's blog. She writes very well on the topic:
> https://blog.jessfraz.com/

Looks cool. She does write well, but aimed well above my head.

Looking at:
https://blog.jessfraz.com/post/docker-containers-on-the-desktop/
can anyone suggest how I can follow her lead on running lynx inside
a Docker container (point 4. Lynx)?

So far:
  sudo apt-get install docker.io
('cause the Debian "docker" package is not docker...)
futz around to get a shell with me in the docker group...

  docker run -it --name lynx bob/lynx
(changed jess/lynx to bob/lynx - no idea what this is about).
gives me:
Unable to find image 'bob/lynx:latest' locally
Pulling repository bob/lynx
FATA[0003] Error: image bob/lynx:latest not found

Looked at the link "Dockerfile" - not sure what to do with this
file...

Any tips for a lazy Friday arvo hacker?

cheers,

Bob Edwards.