[clug] low power device for VPN end point

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Mon Jan 23 10:32:41 UTC 2017

On 23/01/17 14:04, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> How about an Intel NUC or one of an equivalent/cheaper unit
> from Gigabyte (etc), with a 15W or 35W CPU?
> Or is that outside your power/cost budget?
Thanks, I think these could be a contender.  I think I had originally
discounted them because the price seemed a little more, and they were
pitched at being a desktop replacement, and I picked up the rumour that
with Windows tie-in, getting Linux to run on some of them could be a
challenge.  I now suspect all that isn't true.

I had mentally settled on the EdgeRouter Lite, new @ $170, but the NUC
is worth considering.

Tony