[clug] Cloud servers, ZFS, SnapRAID+MergerFS (was Re: Topic for Feb meeting)

jhock at iinet.net.au jhock at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 21 06:50:13 UTC 2017

Wow. Lots of technical stuff there that has gone over my head. Hence, the ask for help in probably a more simple system.

It all started when I received a Western Digital Technologies (WDT)  Mycloud, 4Tb hardware. I did manage to set it up but it didn't have a client for Linux, it only backed up media, it wasn't encrypted and it was supposed to send my data to WDT which I definitely don't want. I want my data in my hands. Anyway, I took it back to the shop and got my money back. I thought there must be something like this using Linux. Hence my post.

John.