[clug] most

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 4 13:58:10 UTC 2017

Thanks, David:

I had written as follows.

>     I put the following line in my config.fish file.
>     {
>     set PAGER most
>     }

You wrote thus.

> As explained in the linked document provided, from any shell enter:
> set -Ux PAGER most

Your recommendation worked! So the options "-Ux" were required. Which I
had not understood.

{
-U or --universal causes the specified shell variable to be given a
universal scope. If this option is supplied, the variable will be shared
between all the current users fish instances on the current computer,
and will be preserved across restarts of the shell.
-x or --export causes the specified shell variable to be exported to
child processes (making it an "environment variable")
}

https://fishshell.com/docs/current/commands.html#set

--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/