[clug] For dyndns junkies

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 03:42:44 UTC 2017

Re-sending to list - apologies to Stephen for the misdirected reply

On 22/08/17 11:06, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:42:59 +1000 Scott Ferguson via linux <linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>
>> cat yourIP.php
>> <?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>
>
> I am just old school (;-):
>
> $ cat myip.shtml
> <!--#echo var="REMOTE_ADDR" -->
> $ cat .htaccess
> Options +Includes
>
> I was going for minimum impact on the server ...

Hmmm. Which has prompted me to monitor the load on that page - having
just made the address public. I no longer use the resource - partially
for the reasons Bob mentioned, but mainly because I can outsource the
task to a more reliable service:-
curl https://www.google.com.au/search?q=what+is+my+ip|grep "Client IP
address:"

Kind regards