[clug] For dyndns junkies

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 03:17:28 UTC 2017

> I've often wondered about getting my own VPS

A server I booted on Google Cloud Platform back in April has been running
faultlessly on its fixed IP since then. As of this afternoon, it has used
up five cents of the AU$396.78 (US$300) free dev account that Google will
give to anyone who asks. The instance just hosts Postgres and Quassel-core
to keep my access to IRC channels going 24/7.

So on average, I'm spending around one cent per month (of Google's money)
to keep a cloud server running.

--
MC