[clug] For dyndns junkies

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:42:59 UTC 2017

On 21/08/17 22:35, Miller-Kelly, Cody via linux wrote:
> The Signal Co. also run an IP site. (Disclaimer: I work there!)
>
> wget -O - https <http://ozlabs.org/myip.shtml>://gimmeip.fyi -o /dev/null
>
> You can also add ?json or ?xml to the URL to get the IP in those formats.
>

> On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Stephen Rothwell via linux <
> linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 20:10:11 +1000 Andrew Janke via linux <
>> linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> IP=$(wget -O - http://icanhazip.com/ -o /dev/null)
>>
>> This one may be closer/faster for many here (blowing our own orn :-)):
>>
>> wget -O - http://ozlabs.org/myip.shtml -o /dev/null
>>
>> Also for those who prefer curl:
>>
>> curl -s http://ozlabs.org/myip.shtml
>>
>> Also if you want to ensure you find your IPv4 address (in case you have
>> IPv6), just add "-4" to either of the above (or the original for that
>> matter).

And a third option:-
wget -O - https://scottferguson.com.au/IP/yourIP.php -o /dev/null
curl https://scottferguson.com.au/IP/yourIP.php

cat yourIP.php
<?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>

<snipped>

Kind regards

--
    A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    A: The lost context.
    Q: What makes top-posted replies harder to read than bottom-posted?

    A: Yes.
    Q: Should I trim down the quoted part of an email to which I'm reply

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html