[clug] Circumflex

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 03:49:51 UTC 2017

On 21/08/17 12:53, Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) via linux wrote:
<snipped>

> Is there some (preferably graphical) software that will show me
> otherwise-invisible carriage-returns?

Surely Gedit will do that for you. Kate and KWrite do
(Toolbar->Tools->End Of Line), as does Notepad++ from dodgy memory.

Note that I sent you several ways to detect MS-DOS-style text files
which don't require installing extra software. See also:-
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/79702/how-to-test-whether-a-file-uses-crlf-or-lf-without-modifying-it

Kind regards