[clug] August 2017 CLUG Meeting

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Sun Aug 20 11:13:22 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 06:30:01PM +1000, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Time:          19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
> Title:	       Introduction to version control with Git - Steve Walsh
>
> 	       Git is a version control system developed by Linus
>                Torvalds for development of the linux kernel.
>
>                Steve will cover some basics concepts around the idea
>                behind version control, and then move into the features
>                and possible benefits of using git over other Source
>                Code Management (SCM) tools
>
>                This talk will range from introductory level to some
>                higher level concepts.

Shame I will miss this month, sounds interesting. There is even some local
interest stuff in Git as it could easily be argued Tridge's presentation
about bitkeeper reverse engineering at linux.conf.au 2005 gave the push
to the kernel to go use something different and Linus invented Git. (the
push bveing Bitkeeper free open source project use licence being revoked)

Source Code Management tools are good, hope this helps convince people who
do not realise their awesomeness that they are indeed so.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
so we're led by denial like lambs to the slaughter