[clug] Circumflex

Bryan Kilgallin (iiNet) kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 18 05:50:56 UTC 2017

Thanks Scott:

>> I could use drill and practice exercises.
>
> I can highly recommend "Mastering Regular Expressions" by Jeffrey E. F.
> Friedll.

Being an impoverished pensioner, I avoid buying stuff!
An ACT library catalogue search turned up books on Java, PHP, and
link-building.
https://www.librarycatalogue.act.gov.au/ipac20/ipac.jsp?profile

> You'll probably find your text editor includes RegEx support for Find
> and Replace (KWrite certainly does) - which is a good place to practise.

Gedit doesn't--though I found this for Vim.
http://www.vimregex.com/

> A regular expression, regex or regexp (sometimes called a rational
> expression) is, in theoretical computer science and formal language
> theory, a sequence of characters that define a search pattern, mainly
> for use in pattern matching with strings, or using a string searching
> algorithm, i.e. “find and replace”-like operations.
Perhaps I need a wall-chart, to help with rote learning.
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/