[clug] End-of-life

Neil Pickford neilp at goldweb.com.au
Sun Apr 16 08:12:19 UTC 2017

Hello Brian

Really depends how paranoid you want to be.

I have a Linux 2.2 system still running 24x7 live on the net originally
installed in 2000 - Yes that's 17 years almost non stop.

It really depends what you are doing with it and how much of a honey pot
it is.

The ASD security people who write the ISM will advise turning it off
immediately, even though they don't do that to their own equipment.

NeilP