[clug] DDos attacks using Linux hosts. (the-sky-is-falling now a "thing", according to the Aztec calendar)

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:33:10 UTC 2016

On 09/09/16 01:14, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> Thanks, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Despite my previous advice that it wasn't a useful tool for that purpose?
>
> Please refrain from providing advice that you expect to be useless. :-!

Please learn to read, it's polite to do so before replying - especially
when your replies are rude. It's not hard, what I wrote remains. unchanged.

<snipped>

>> I could ask why you'd specifically installed something you didn't
>> understand, and then didn't take the time to understand it, but I
>> suspect the answer would leave me unenlightened.
>
> The vast majority of users whom I know, do that as their modus operandi!

Best practise is not common practise. The latter does not decrease the
value of the former.

>> It's a good idea (change control) *not* to install things without a
>> compelling reason.
>
> If you wish readers to install software, then you might explain why.

At no point have I suggest, recommended or implied that readers install
any software without explaining why.
Re-*read* what I wrote instead of "a brief squiz", and compare it with
what you "believe" I wrote - the words have not changed.

> Whereas if you wish them to not install software, just shut up?

[repeat of my last sentence] and please consider following your own
good, but misdirected conclusion.

I believe continued discussion would be unproductive. Good night and
thanks for your patient consideration.

> Cheers,
> B.

Wishing you good health