[clug] ARM devices with complete upstream support

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Oct 31 00:02:58 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

Seems that I am the only one playing with this, let me know if you had enough
from me.

On 26/10/16 12:09, Chris Smart wrote:
[trim]
> Anyway, I have a ~$15 Orange Pi One with H3 (sun8iw7p1) SOC (Cortex-A7
> Quad-Core) and was able to build upstream U-Boot and Linux support for
> it. If that interests you, feel free to take a look at my blog[2] post.
[trim]

I thought I should see if it can boot of the second partition, so followed
the suggestion
	"if you want to boot from the second partition instead of an initramfs,
	change root argument to root=/dev/mmcblk0p2"

While I can see the SD card recognised properly
[    2.377661] mmc0: new SDHC card at address aaaa
[    2.383025] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SL16G 14.8 GiB
[    2.393803]  mmcblk0: p1 p2

I do not see any indication it is mounted, like I see with other images
[    2.270255] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    2.283824] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) readonly on device 179:2.

I assume there is more to booting of p2 than the one kernel parameter.

I could also ask about the other note
	"upstream U-Boot supports ext3 on the boot partition"
but then it is formatted as ext4.

> [2] <https://blog.christophersmart.com/2016/10/23/building-and-booting-upstream-linux-and-u-boot-for-orange-pi-one-arm-board/>

cheers

--