[clug] UAV Challenge, Medical Express. Day 2 results. [28-Sep]

Alan Vidler avidler at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 6 02:07:10 UTC 2016

On 5/10/2016 11:42 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 06:00:08PM +1000, steve jenkin wrote:
>> Day 2 of Medical Express 2016
>> SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
>> <https://uavchallenge.org/2016/09/28/day-2-of-medical-express-2016/>
>>

> Speaking of which, "Haven't heard of Andrew Tridgell? Well,
> perhaps you
> should have. In the micro world of unmanned aerial vehicle
> buffs, he's
> a bit of a legend."
>
> Saw this article in The Australian when I was grabbing a coffee
> this
> morning.
>
> https://paste.firnsy.com/paste/peNDA8IRWQOjR170
>
> -c

...I'm a non-expert lurker but
" In the micro world of unmanned aerial vehicle buffs, he's
a bit of a legend "

is a rather gross understatement, particularly to a samba.org
list - Andrew wrote samba and has contributed many other items to
the linux & open systems world.
...and by the way the article cited above says Andrew is the
person on the *left* of the photo, but it should have said *right.
*

---