[clug] December CLUG (BeerSIG)

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Wed Nov 30 23:52:53 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:36:33AM +1100, Steven Hanley wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:23:48AM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
>>
>> Is this just beer? Or food at the Wig and Pen?
>
>The Wig has food also, possibly easier logistics than getting a bbq outdoors
>somewherre that close to chirstmas (with weather risk issues too).
>
>I am probably going to be out of town that evening so will wish you all fun
>and tasty beers.
>
>Though Chris' suggestion that CLUG statrts at 7:30pm is a new one to me,
>ever since the beginning in the early/mid 90s I am fairly sure CLUG tends to
>be 7pm at CSIT N101 (just sayin).

Gah. After all these years I still get that wrong, thanks Steve!

So yes, we normally meet at *6pm* at Wig and Pen, I'll aim to be there at
*5:30pm* on the 22nd then to help secure a table (nothing to do with
slipping in a few extra pints early, no Sir).

We often order some food to share, it's easy to stick around and chat,
drink and eat. If people are interested in a BBQ though, happy to look
into that, although my vote would be for Wig and Pen (or even a local
restaurant afterwards).

-c