[clug] IPv6

Bryan Kilgallin (PC) bryan at netspeed.com.au
Fri Nov 11 08:47:06 UTC 2016

I've been watching lectures by the University of Waterloo. These are on
distributed computer systems. I just began lecture 13. Whose lecturer
has mentioned this topic.

So I tested my PC and laptop using the following site.

test-ipv6.com

For both PC and laptop, it reported as follows.

"You appear to have no IPv6 at this time..

/You appear to have no IPv6 address./"

Yet I read that Internode was an early adopter of IPv6.

On my PC, Ubuntu's Connection Information window lists under Active
Internet Connections, my default iiNet. Yet under the IPv6 heading--it's
blank.

Whereas the equivalent window on the laptop lists under IPv6 heading, an
IP address. Which appears to be in the modern IPv6 format!

I phoned iiNet's support. And a South African woman wanted me to install
Windows so that her suggestions would work! In particular, she wanted me
to use "ipconfig".
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/