[clug] Question about SIP messages

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Fri May 20 15:54:32 UTC 2016

Dear Eyal:

> I have an ADSL modem/router that also provides VOIP.

Well done on VoIPing.

> I should say that I am not that familiar with SIP and the rest of the
> telephony protocols,
> but this just caught my eye.

I just plugged a nice phone handset in to the router, and it worked!

> On checking the logs, looking for dropped ADSL line messages, I
> noticed that .55 now
> reports this:
>     syslog: proxy.c:211 INFO:Outgoing Call from: 026xxxxxxx at 192.168.2.5
> which I think coincides with me making calls (using VOIP on 5). It
> lists my VOIP number.

You are much more sophisticated than me.

> What do these messages mean?

What I discovered was that I was much less of a gossip than my
possession of a VoIP phone warranted!

> Probably just me not understanding the protocol.

My Swedish pen-friend blocked my phone numbers on his mobile phone.
Because he found having to converse in English, too stressful!

Best wishes with your new toy.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/