[clug] Upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 problems

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Wed May 11 00:13:22 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 11:19:12AM +1000, jhock wrote:
>Hi Tony, Chris, Hal et al,
>
>After several attempts I have managed to install Xubuntu desktop 16.02
>and my EeePC is working at an acceptable speed, without any apparent
>loss of data. I would like to get rid of the other, non-performing
>ubuntu versions if that's possible.

How did you install your new Ubuntu, did you create a new partition and
install it there?

What do you mean other non-performinig Ubuntu versions? Do you mean they
show up in the bootloader menu but don't work?

Maybe send some more details along with output of mounted file systems:

df -h

Along with your partition table:

parted /dev/sda p

>I think I have worked out what went wrong. I can send a post to this
>list if anybody is interested?

Who knows if anyone's interested, maybe just send it. I mean, if you had
a problem and now you know how to fix the problem that's probably a good
thing to let others know about. Maybe someone searching later will find
your fix.

-c