[clug] Upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 problems

Gary Woodman antigramp at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:32:12 UTC 2016

On 04/05/16 21:24, Chris Smart wrote:

> But a separate /home is just so much easier.

Easier than...? In a distant past I had a separate /home filesystem, but
a couple of times I was tripped up with incompatible dotfiles.

It really depends on your use case. I still distro-hop a bit, and
usually have two or three alternate root partitions on the primary
drive, with a /home on each. It's no big deal to copy any relevant stuff
to a new /home, because I still have the old /home, and because the
balance of the drive has my personal stuff, in a separate filesystem,
mounted on /data.

Gary