[clug] Photo management?

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Mon Mar 28 11:18:03 UTC 2016

Well done, Chris:

> Using shotwell, I imported the latest photos and videos from my phone directly to the Samba share. So now going forward, anyone (probably just me) can continue to do that and hopefully order will be maintained.

Shotwell has ways of organising photos.

{Organizing Photos
EventsGroup photos together that were taken at the same time. Learn how
to rename, merge, and sort events. <xref:event>
Flagging photosFlag photos to mark them as special or to work with them
as a set. <xref:flag>
RatingsGive photos a rating between 1 and 5 stars. You can reject bad
photos, hiding them from view. <xref:rating>
Removing and deleting photosRemove photos from the library, or delete
them from your computer entirely. <xref:delete>
SearchingFind photos and videos in your collection by a variety of
criteria. <xref:search>
Tagging photosOrganize photos by labelling them. <xref:tag>
TitlesGive titles to your photos <xref:title>}

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/