[clug] ntfs-3g anyone?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Jun 24 13:00:19 UTC 2016

On 24/06/16 21:39, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 07:05:34PM +1000, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>> On 24/06/16 17:31, Chris Smart wrote:
>>
>>> Or perhaps you could format it ext4 and backup Windows from Linux.
>>
>> I back up windows with clonezilla, booted using pxe. Clonezilla is good
>> when I need to replace the boot/root disk in a hurry. It is a stand alone
>> recovery image.
>>

> Then why does it need to be NTFS?

I want to be able to access it in the odd case when I have access only to a
windows machine (e.g. when I travel and my laptop is not available). Did not
happen yet... Not a strong argument, I know.

Maybe I will go ext4 after all. I am considering it.

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)