[clug] ntfs-3g anyone?

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Tue Jun 21 12:42:19 UTC 2016

    Eyal,

It most likely has nothing to do with your issues, but on the off
chance, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 use a different NTFS version than
does previous Windows versions.

I have had issues with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 computers sharing a
USB drive due to these different NTFS versions.  Windows 8.1 keep
trying to convert the NTFS format, and Windows 7 kept trying to fix
what Windows 8.1 had done to the USB Drive's NTFS.

After quickly searching the Internet but I could not find anything
about ntfs-3g and Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.  Has anyone else found
any definative statements about ntfs-3g supporting Windows 8.1 NTFS
version or the Windows 10 NTFS version?

George.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS

At Tuesday, 21-06-2016 on 21:41 Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

On 21/06/16 21:10, George at Clug wrote:
>     Eyal,
>
> What operating system and version created the NTFS partitions on the
> USB drives?

My original post said:
"I should mention that this disk was formatted and written to on
Windows 8.1"

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)